Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) is now accepting nominations/applications from all Engineers in Nigeria for its 2019 Engineer of the Year Innovation Award. The deadline for submission of nominations/applications for the NSE Engineer of the Year Innovation Award is 30th September, 2019. See how to apply below.
The Nigerian Society of Engineers, the umbrella organization for the Engineering Profession in Nigeria, is hereby calling for nominations/applications from all Engineers in Nigeria for the 2019 Engineer of the Year Awards. The Awards is to distinguish and recognize, in a dignified public way, an outstanding Engineer of the Nigerian Society of Engineers
NSE Engineer of the Year Innovation Award Eligibility.
- Be a Financial Member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers
- Be a Nigerian Citizen.
- Be a Resident of any part of Nigeria.
- Be Registered with COREN.
- Be an individual or a group of individuals.
NSE Engineer of the Year Innovation Award Criteria for Selection.
- Candidate must have a record of extensive participation in professional engineering and The Nigerian Society Engineers
- Candidate’s professional integrity shall be beyond question.
- Candidate shall have consistently worked for the professional and technical interest of the engineering profession.
- Candidate must have achieved particular distinction in his own technical field and mode of practice, which may be in government, education, construction, industry, or private practice.
- Occupational and Professional Achievements – Positions held in companies, businesses, government or other work agencies with which the candidate is associated.
- Creativity of design/Fabrication, Testing approach, Impact of design on manufacturing cost, quality, or other manufacturing and performance requirements.
- Commercialization potential of the project and marketability of the product (for product development projects)
- Level of local content of inputs.
- Quality of the presentation (timeliness, graphics, clarity) Impact of design in meeting local need(s)
How to Apply for Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) Engineer of the Year Innovation Award.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Nomination/Application form and Citation of Achievements (not more than 500words) in softcopy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.The email which subject shall be “2019 Engineer of the year Award” must reach the Award Committee of the Nigerian Society of Engineers on or before the closing date above
- Only one (1) nomination/application should be submitted and shall include:
- Resume of the Candidate(s)/Nominee(s) (Nominations/Applications should be made strictly on the prescribed Format which is available on link above).
- Citation of achievements in not more than 500words
- The Nigerian Society of Engineers reserves the right to revoke and or withdraw any already conferred Award at any time whenever the originality/ authenticity of claims by the nominee is in doubt.
Closing Date: 30th September, 2019.