DSSC Recruitment Application 2019 – Welcome to the Nigerian Army Recruitment Portal. Applicants are to submit ONLY one registration. This excercise closes 28th September, 2019. We are please to inform you that the recruitment into DSSC has commenced and the following are the requirement as stated below.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE 25/2020
- Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers. The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
CORPS AND SERVICES
- Applications should be into any of the following Corps and Services of the NA:
- Nigerian Army Engineers. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Eng (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Structural Engineer, Civil Engineer, Land Survey, Quantity Survey and Geo-Informatics/GIS.
- Nigerian Army Signals. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst, Information Technology Systems Engineer, Data Base Managers/Administrators, Software Engineers, Robotics Technology Engineers, Website Design, Satellite Communication Engineers, Switch/Terminal/Network Engineers and Fibre Optics Engineers. Applicants with working knowledge and certification in any of Alien Vault SIEM, Behavioral Analytics, ML/AI, SOAR tooling, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence Feeds and Process, Security Incident Response Processes and Activities, Firewalls/Email/Proxy/ERP, Office 365, AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud or similar securities technologies like Force Point, In tune and MFA have added advantage.
- Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Psychology, Computer Scientists, Forensic Analyst, ICT Specialist, Inteational Relations and Strategic Studies. Applicants with working knowledge and certification in any of CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker, CISM: Certified Information Security Manager, CompTIA Security+, CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials, CCA Data Analyst, Docker Certified Associate, Kubeetes Certification, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Certificate in any of these Courses will be an added advantage.
- Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Catering and Hotel Management, Business Administration and Hospitality Services. A good working experience will be an added advantage.
- Nigerian Army Ordnance Corps. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Engr, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Procurement, Textile Technology/Leather Works, Printing Technology, Purchasing & Supply, Biochemistry, Logistic Management and Chemical Engineering.
- Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. Applicants must possess a minimum of B Eng, BSc (Eng) (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Mechanical Engineer, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics Engineer, Materials/Metallurgical Engineering and Auto/Engineering Designs. Others are Production Engineering and Computer Engineering. Such academic fields must be registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
- Nigerian Army Medical Corps.
(1) Medical and Dental Consultants. Applicants could belong to specializations such as General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Anesthesia, Neuro Surgery, Cardiothoracic, ENT Surgeons and Physicians (Cardiologists, Endocrinologist, Nephrologists and Neurologists) and Ophthalmologists. Other relevant fields include Obstetrics & Gynaecologists, Paediatricians and Family Physicians. Applicants must:
(a) Be Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or equivalent Postgraduate Medical College.
(b) Be below 40 years of age.
(c) Be fully registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for the undergraduate degree and additional registered post graduate qualification as appropriate.
(d) Have current MDCN license to practice as a specialist.
(2) General Duty Medical/Dental Officers. Applicants must possess MBBS/BDS or equivalent and must be fully registered with the MDCN.
(3) Optometrists. Applicants must possess Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(4) Dental Therapists and Dental Technologists. Applicants must possess Higher Diplomas and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
(5) Clinical Psychologists. Applicants must possess BSc in Clinical Psychology.
(6) Nurses. Applicants must possess BSc Nursing with full registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
(7) Pharmacists. Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
(8) Professionals Allied to Medicine. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in any of the following areas: Radiology – Medical Image Science, Hospital Administration, BMLS, AIMLS, and AIMLT – Medical Laboratory Science, Physiotherapy, Environmental Health Workers, Nutritionist/Dietetics, Health Service Administration, Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist and Health Information Management.
Note: All applicants for Medical Corps, are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing license.
- Nigerian Army Band Corps. Applicants must possess a minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with L.R.A.M and A.R.C.M.
- Nigerian Army Corps of Military Police. Applicants must possess LLB BL, and a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Criminology, Sociology, Psychology.
- Nigerian Army Finance Corps. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Accountancy, Computer Science, Insurance and Business Management. Registration with any of the following Professional Accountancy qualification is compulsory: ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA.
- Nigerian Army Education Corps. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in any of the following areas: BSc (Ed) in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Library/Information Science and B Ed in French, Portuguese, German and English Languages. Note: All applicants for Education Corps, are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies.
- Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must possess minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in Theology, Divinity, Pastoral & Counseling, Religious Studies (Ordination), Evangelism and BA in Ministry. Masters Degree in any of these Courses will be an added advantage. The Qualification must be from reputable Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must be Ordained from the Protestant recognized denominations of Mainland Orthodox/Evangelical Churches. Soldier applicants must have served the NA with a minimum of 5 years experience in Chaplaincy work and must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
- Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic). Applicants must possess a minimum of Bachelor (Second Class Lower) degree in any of the following areas: Philosophy and Theology from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome. Applicants must have good standing in the church and be also released by a Diocesan Bishop. Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
- Directorate of Islamic Affairs. Applicants must possess a minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies, LLB Sharia with Diploma in Arabic from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University. Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be able to speak English Language.
- Directorate of Legal Service. Applicants must possess LLB BL from a recognized institution. A minimum of 2 years post Law School legal practice is required and applicants must present evidence of this.
- Directorate of Army Public Relations. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Joualism, Printing, Radio and Television Broadcasting, Radio Operation and Performance, Graphic Design, Public Relations and Advertising. Applicants must have evidence of Membership to any Professional body in relation to media operation and joualism.
- Directorate of Army Physical Training. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Human Kinetics Specialist, Physical and Health Education, Sports Administration Sports Coaching, Physiotherapy or Sports Psychology.
- Directorate of Army Aviation. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc/B Eng (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) with other relevant trade qualification from govement-approved institutions for the following fields:
(1) Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering. Minimum of B Eng or HND in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering with not less than 3 years of work experience.
(2) Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. Minimum of B Eng or HND in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with not less than 2 years works experience.
(3) Aircraft Maintenance Engineers. Minimum of B Eng or HND in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.
(4) Air Traffic Controller/Communicators. Minimum of BSc, B Eng or HND in Air Traffic Controller/Communicators with NCAA approved Air Traffic Control License.
(5) Meteorologists. BSc or HND in Meteorology with NCAA approved License from any govement approved organization/institution.
(6) Piloting (Rotary). Minimum of B Eng or HND in Piloting (Rotary) with not less than 2 years of work experience.
- All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 32 years, while medical consultants should not be more than 40 years of age by January 2020.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. These could be a Local Govement Chairman/Secretary or any officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of leaing. Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of study.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Govement Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption as the case may be.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2010 to date will be considered.
- Candidates must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- Candidates must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/society/frateity.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Direct Short Service Commission will be granted for 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer.
- Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions goveing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- Medical Consultants applicants on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major.
- Applicants who successfully complete the military training shall be commissioned in the rank of Lieutenant.
COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
|Please print the following documents.|
|Print Local Goverment Attestation Form|
|Print Parent Declaration Form|
|Print Attestation & Declaration Form(pdf format)|
|Print Photo Card|
|View Application Status|
How to Apply for the Nigerian Army 2019 DSSC Recruitment
Welcome to the online application portal for shortlistment and final selection for training into the officer cadre of the Nigerian Army. On this portal, you can fill the application form, edit your application form, view your application profile, upload your credentials, and check your application status to know if you have been shortlisted.
Follow this order:
(1) Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng
All applications must be submitted not later than 25th of September 2019.
- For further information, you may call 08179269294 and 08109959294 between 0800 – 1800 hours daily while the portal is yet open or visit www.army.mil.ng
NOTE: Application commences today 14th August 2019. Any application prior to this date is VOID.