The Innovation Challenge (TIC) which began in 2017 is an initiative of Union Bank Nigeria aimed at impacting Nigeria by unearthing and supporting innovative and viable solutions addressing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The 2019 edTech Challenge is the third in the series of The Innovation Challenge and aims to Discover, Showcase and Support innovative, cutting edge technologies with the potential to transform Nigeria’s Education system .
The Challenge reinforces Union Bank’s commitment to innovation and education, underpinning their dedication to enabling success in Nigeria. They are looking for solutions that meet the needs of the Education Ecosystem/Stakeholders: Students, Teachers, Parents, School Owners/Administrators, and Policy Makers/Regulators. For example, a solution on improving student learning, a hub for lesson teachers, solution on rating schools in different areas or subjects to name a few.
Union Bank edTech Challenge Eligibility.
- Open to anyone with solutions that demonstrate a strong potential to transform the education system in Nigeria including but not limited to students, teachers, developers, designers, fintechs, tech companies etc.
- The call is for solutions – prototypes, minimum viable products and not ideas.
Union Bank edTech Challenge Benefits.
- Access to Acceleration program: The Top 10 entries will be admitted into an acceleration program where they will get access to Coach-Mentors, Capacity Building, and a Community of Education stakeholders and strategic partnerships.
- Access to Union Bank’s network of education customers and opportunities to provide global visibility for scale.
- Funding support towards scaling up a solution: The top 3 entries will receive a sum of N5m (1st – N2.5m; 2nd – N1.5m and 3rd – N1m)
- Venture support to the winners which includes; supporting each solution to scale which will include linking and identifying relevant stakeholder to buy into a solution and providing specialized support based on the specific needs and advisory regarding the deployment and management of funding received.
How to Apply for Union Bank edTech Challenge.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
In September, the top 10 entries will be jointly selected by members of the jury. All applicants will receive necessary information on the status of their entries via email and/or SMS notifications. The top 10 entries will be admitted into an eight weeks acceleration program where they will get access to Coach-Mentors, Capacity Building, a Community of Education stakeholders and strategic partnerships. In addition, they will gain access to Union Bank’s network of education customers and opportunities to provide global visibility for scale.
Applications for 2019 edTech Challenge will open on Tuesday July 30th, 2019 and close on Friday August 23rd, 2019.