Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) is now accepting application from indigent students resident in Abia State for its 2020/2021 Tertiary Education Scholarship. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Alex Otti Foundation Scholarship is 17th January 2021. See more details below.
The Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) calls for applications from interested candidates for the Foundation’s Tertiary Education Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The scholarship scheme was established as part of the Alex Otti Foundation’s programmes which seek to assist indigent students resident in Abia State with financial support to facilitate their educational pursuits.
The scholarship is to help very bright and hardworking students in all the local governments across Abia, who have been admitted into tertiary institutions across Nigeria, by paying their tuition from when they win the scholarship until they graduate – so long as they maintain a certain Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). The financial support aims to mitigate the financial challenges students face in the course of their studentship.
This year’s application is for the 2020/2021 academic session; and is open to indigent students; resident in Abia State, who are currently enrolled in government-owned tertiary institutions.
Alex Otti Foundation Scholarship Eligibility 2020/2021
- Students who are currently in 2nd-year (200 Level) in any government-owned tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Candidate must have had at least a CGPA of 3.5 – for universities (or its equivalent, for other tertiary institutions) in his/her first academic session (that is, First Year).
- Candidates must submit a statement of result for first academic session (that is, First Year) signed by the Department/Faculty’s Admin Officer (who rightfully is a representative of the registrar in the department or faculty).
- Candidates must present a letter of recognition by their community/religious group leader or electricity utility bill of the last three months, to prove he/she currently resides in Abia State.
- Candidates must submit a 900-word brief essay explaining: (a) why they deserve the scholarship, (b) their leadership qualities, and (c) how their education will benefit Abia State and Nigeria in the future.
- Candidates must provide valid means of identification.
- The Scholarship is for those who are resident in Abia State. This means there is no difference between those who ancestrally hail from the state and those whose families migrated from other states. So long as you live in the state, even if you are schooling elsewhere in Nigeria, you are eligible.
- Indigent students are those whose families cannot genuinely afford the cost of tertiary education. Those with the means to afford tertiary education should consider staying away from this scholarship a way of giving back to society.
How to Apply for Alex Otti Foundation Scholarship
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Applications close by midnight, Sunday, 17th January 2021. Any application not FULLY completed by the closing date WILL NOT be processed.