Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) is now accepting from suitably qualified candidates for its 2021 Scholarship award. The deadline for submission of applications for the Nigerian National Committee Annual UWC Scholarship is 29th October, 2020.See how to apply below.
UWC is a unique organisation. It is the only global educational NGO that brings students together from all over the world, selected from within their own countries, on merit and regardless of their ability to pay. These students come together at one of seventeen UWC schools and colleges that aim to foster international peace and understanding.
The Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of needs based scholarship awards and fee paying places in some UWCs.
The colleges prepare students for a two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate.
Parents/Guardians may be required to foot the bills of their wards flight ticket, pocket money, health insurance, clothing etc. where applicable. Some scholarship awards may only partially cover the cost of tuition and accommodation.
The UWC movement is a non-profit making organization with International Headquarters in London. The Nigeria National Committee was founded in 1982. Currently Mr. Hakeem Belo-Osagie (an alumnus of UWC) is the Chairman of the Committee while Mr. Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the National Patron.
Nigerian National Committee UWC Scholarship Eligibility.
To be eligible to apply:
- Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding academic ability and must have obtained the Senior School Certificate SSC/GCE ‘O Levels or their recognized equivalent.
- Exceptional students in SS3 may also apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 17 years (birth certificate required).
- Candidates must also submit an essay and Principal’s recommendation with their application
How to Apply for Nigerian National Committee UWC Scholarship.
An Application fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) is payable on submission of the application while candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may pay a reduced fee of N1000.00 (One Thousand Naira only). Payment is by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favour of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (Call/WhatsApp 09058169893 for account details). Alternatively, pay through Paystack Payment Gateway on our website www.ng.uwc.org.
Forms can be downloaded HERE
Forms can also be purchased and/or submitted at any of our purchasing and submitting centres below in Abuja or Port Harcourt:
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu (Abuja Purchasing Centre),
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe (Port Harcourt Purchasing Center),
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
All Applications must be submitted with the required documents and prescribed fees within the application period at any of the aforementioned centres above or scanned and sent directly to our email:email@example.com
Click here to submit online
- In the past shortlisted candidates have been invited for a rigorous selection exercise at the Sea School Apapa Lagos. In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Committee will monitor the situation carefully and determine the most appropriate way to conduct the selection exercise in December 2020 so as to safeguard the lives and health of the participants.
If you wish to set-up an appointment to discuss your application, please contact us via: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 09058169893